What forms of payment do you accept?
We accept VISA, DiscoverCard, AMEX, and other major credit/debit cards as well as PayPal.
Paying with a credit card is the safest and most secure way to pay; both the customer and the business are protected from fraud.
We also accept bank wire transfers and personal checks. If you would like to pay via one of these methods, please contact us so we can manually process your order.
You are welcome to contact us at 800-641-1277 between 10AM and 6PM CST if you have any questions about ordering an item or our accepted payment methods.
Payment in full is required before production begins for all orders with a custom setting option.
Where can I visit your store?
In addition to our online custom jewelry website and finished jewelry webstore, we welcome one-on-one appointments at our Jewelry Showroom in Dallas, Texas. Appointments can be made Monday-Saturday from 9am-7pm, and may be requested via our online form.
Do you sell finished jewelry?
We have a full line of finished diamond and gemstone jewelry available online, offered at wholesale pricing. Please visit www.pratikshajewelry.com to view our collection of styles. Please note that many of our finished pieces can be customized to include a different gemstone or metal color of your choice. Please contact Customer Service and let us know what style you'd like to customize.
Do you buy jewelry?
Our sister company, PJ Buyback, offers cash or trade value on Pratiksha Jewelry for your diamond and gemstone jewelry. Please visit buyback.pratikshajewelry.com to learn more about our acquisition process.
I want a diamond or gemstone that is out of stock. What should I do?
Contact us about the piece at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we’ll be happy to create a special order for you or let you know when it will be back in stock. Our inventory is being updated constantly, and we can make alternative arrangements to fulfill your order, or add you to the wait list and email you once the item arrives.
Are your gemstones natural?
Yes, all diamonds and gemstones sold by PJ Custom are 100% natural. We do not sell any lab-created or synthetic gemstones. Many of our diamonds and gemstones are lab-certified by accredited institutions such as GIA, EGL and Reunigem. If you would like to speak to a certified gemologist, contact our Customer Support team.
Are your gemstones treated?
We carry both treated and untreated gemstones. Many people don't know that over 99% of gemstones are treated, by heat or other means, to achieve a higher saturation of color. Stones that are untreated are considerably more expensive, so we carry both within our inventory to accommodate a wide range of budgets.
To shop for untreated gemstones in our Gemstone Search, use the filter checkbox under Advanced Search to seek unheated stones, or simply click here to start your search.
Where are your stones from?
We source our inventory of diamonds and gemstones from ethically-sourced mines from all over the world, and travel frequently to other countries to add to our supply. We supply the origin information for our gemstones in a sortable Origin column within the Gemstone Search page, as well as within each gemstone's product page. You may learn more about the origin of popular gemstones in our Gemstone Learning Center.
Can I view my diamond or gemstone before I order it?
We welcome you to make an appointment at our Dallas Showroom to view any stones of interest in person. For online orders, you may purchase any stone and return for a full refund it within 30 days of your order. Please note that stones will not be accepted for a refund if they have been set, scratched chipped, fractured, weigh differently, or have been altered in any way.
If you are unsure about your satisfaction with the stone you selected, we encourage you to purchase and preview the stone in person to ensure satisfaction prior to starting a custom jewelry project, as stones that are set in jewelry are not eligible for return. Please see our full Return Policy here.
Can I buy a diamond or gemstone only?
Yes, all of our diamonds and gemstones can be bought individually through our check-out process.
Can I buy a setting only?
If you'd like to supply your own stone for a custom setting, we are happy to accomodate your order. You may start a Sketchbook page to tell us more about your project, and include a picture of your stone. You may also send us a Quick Form, and we will contact you within 24 business hours.
Please note: we will need you to provide your stone to us via mail or in person in order to place it in your setting.
How do I create and use a wishlist?
In order to use our wishlist, you must first register for a PJ Custom account. Detailed instructions can be found here. You can then log in, save items that interest you, and share them via social media and email.
Do you ship orders outside of the U.S.?
Yes, we offer several complimentary shipping methods for international orders, and details can be found here. Please note that international orders may be subject to customs fees, import duties, taxes or other charges. Additional charges required for customs clearance are the responsibility of the recipient. For special requests, please inquire at 800-641-1277 or email@example.com.
What is your shipping charge?
We offer complimentary shipping within the U.S. via FedEx. We offer complimentary shipping for international orders, however, they may be subject to additional customs fees to which the recipient is responsible. We offer expedited shipping and Saturday delivery options for an additional charge. Contact us at 800-641-1277 or at firstname.lastname@example.org to request expedited shipping and receive your rate.
How long will it take to receive my order?
Depending on the complexity of your project, custom jewelry orders can be completed in as little as a few days or up to 2-4 weeks. Upon completion of the item, we offer complimentary shipping services on your order that range from next day to seven business days (U.S. orders), or from two to fourteen business days for international orders. If you need your order by a specific date, please do not hesitate to contact us to confirm a shipping/delivery date.
How will my package arrive?
Your order will come individually packaged in a gift box and travel pouch along with a polishing cloth. All items are shipped in insured FedEx mailer boxes with a tracking number that will be supplied to you in your order confirmation email. If you have a lost or damaged parcel, please contact us at 800-641-1277 or email@example.com.
Do you offer gift wrapping?
All of our products come gift-ready, tied with a ribbon bow. If you'd like to gift your purchase to someone, simply select the "Gift" option during check-out and we will place a gift receipt and a handwritten note (with your personal message) in the box.
I need more information about shipping.
Of course! Please check out our Shipping & Returns page.
Do you offer returns?
Please see our comprehensive Return Policy for a list of returnable and non-returnable items at PJ Custom.
We accept returns on loose diamonds and gemstones that have not yet been set in other jewelry, as long as they are returned within the 30 day purchase period. Other restrictions apply. Please review our Return Policy for Terms and Conditions.
For custom jewelry, we take great care to make sure your jewelry order is exactly what you want, and aim to exceed your expectations. We contact you for approval at multiple stages throughout the process to ensure satisfaction. However, if you are unhappy with your order and it does not live up to your vision, we will do our very best to resolve your issue. Due to the personalized nature of custom jewelry orders, we are unable to offer refunds or returns on custom jewelry. For further information, please review our Return Policy for Terms & Conditions.
PJ Custom stands behind quality custom jewelry work, therefore, any issues with your order that are due to a manufacturing defect will be fixed, corrected or remade until the order is right.
Diamond Price Match
We are pleased to offer our diamonds at the best market prices, up to a third of the cost of our retail competitors. However, if you find a GIA-certified diamond of identical characteristics at a lower price than one listed on our website, please contact us to see if it is eligible for price matching.
Our Diamond Price Matching Service
- Free, quick evaluations: We offer price matching services for all GIA-certified diamonds listed on our website. Contact us to inquire about the diamond you’d like us to match, and an expert consultant will reach out to you promptly to discuss your options. You can expect quick and helpful service, and no pressure to purchase the stone once we determine that we can match the price.
- Eligible for all GIA-certified diamonds: To guarantee accurate comparison, we require that the diamonds must be graded by GIA, the leader in standard diamond evaluation. Diamonds will be compared according to the following characteristics, whi: 4Cs (cut, color, clarity and carat weight), fluorescence, polish, symmetry, table width, depth percentage, and length/width ratio. The GIA certificate must be dated within the last two years.
- Diamond Price Matching is eligible only for pre-purchase diamonds. Diamonds that have already been purchased are not eligible for Diamond Price Matching. We cannot offer Diamond Price Matching on custom jewelry orders that have received a pre-payment deposit.
- The competitor diamond must be available to the public, and not uniquely discounted (via wholesale website, etc).
- The Diamond Price Matching is offered only for diamonds intended for personal use. Diamonds intended for resale or commercial sale/use are not eligible.
- The lower price must currently be offered on the competitor diamond, in stock, at the time of the request and purchase. Expired offers are no longer eligible.
- Prices for the two competing diamond must be in the same currency (U.S. dollars).
- Only colorless diamonds are eligible (no colored diamonds).
- The price used to compare the PJ Custom diamond is evaluated after any special promotions, including sale discounts, gift certificates, rebates, etc. have been applied to the stone.
- The competitor diamond must not have any special promotions applied, such as sale discounts, gift certificates, rebates, time-limited offers (i.e. “doorbuster,” “Black Friday” or “early bird”) liquidation sales, or buy one, get one offers.
- Diamonds subject to typographical or pricing errors are not eligible for either PJ Custom or the competitor.
- One diamond per customer is eligible for the Diamond Price Matching, and only one Price Match may be applied per diamond, even if a lower-priced offer is found after the initial offer.
- If PJ Custom extends a Price Match offer, the new price is honored for 48 hours.
- PJ Custom reserves the right to deny Price Match requests, modify these terms at any time, and terminate Price Matching offers upon our discretion.
We use the standard US sizing system for ring sizing. If you are unsure about your finger size, please use our printable Ring Sizer guide to determine your fit.
Complimentary Ring Resizing
Diamond and gemstone rings, excluding eternity bands, may be resized once for free within the first 60 days of purchase. To have your ring resized, contact Customer Service to let us know what item you are sending, and what size you'd like the ring to be. After your resizing request is authorized by PJ Custom, simply ship your item to our Customer Service department and pay for return shipping. Ring resizing will take approximately 5-7 business days, in addition to the shipping time.
Resizing a ring greater than or less than 1 full size may be subject to extra charges, as we may have to restructure or remake parts of the ring. Eternity bands (i.e. designs that feature stones around the ring) are not eligible for complimentary resizing. Please take extra care to order the right finger size for eternity bands.
Please note that having your ring resized by a third party jeweler voids your Lifetime Warranty and Return Eligibility.
Rhodium, a member of the platinum metal group, is widely and commonly used with white gold settings as the final step in finishing the piece. A rhodium plating is applied to white gold settings to add a more colorless metal finish, removing any traces of yellowing while adding a durable and tarnish-resistant finish. Please request rhodium plating with your white gold jewelry order if you would like it applied to your piece.
Rhodium, like all other finishes, can fade with time due to normal wear and tear. However, pieces can easily be re-plated with rhodium and restored as a service.
PJ Custom is pleased to provide complimentary appraisals for custom jewelry items over $1,000. An appraisal is a document stating the approximate retail replacement value of an item, including detailed information about the gem quality, diamond characteristics, jewelry craftsmanship, and metal type. Appraisals are an essential tool for understanding the value of your custom jewelry. In the event that your jewelry ever becomes lost or stolen, jewelry insurance companies rely on appraisals to determine the coverage rate and replacement value of your item.
Please contact our Customer Service team to inquire about your complimentary jewelry appraisal.
What security methods do you take to prevent theft and fraud?
We take security very seriously at PJ Custom. Purchases made through our secure website, in person, or by phone, are subject to extensive security checks to prevent fraud and give our customers the highest assurances of security and safety.
For Online Orders
- We subscribe to various third party services that do extensive background checks to research if any fraud activity has been associated with the person purchasing an item.
- We will only ship to confirmed and authorized billing addresses.
- If an item is paid for by check we will confirm that the check was not written or issued fraudulently.
- We do not ship items that are paid by check until the check and funds have cleared.
- We communicate with our customers via phone or email for all orders.
- We check the billing and shipping addresses for all orders and contact the customer if there are any discrepancies.
- We review the geographic locations of our orders.
- We log all incoming IP addresses for our online orders.
- We verify all AVS and Card Code Verification details.
- In most cases we can only discuss the details of an order with the individual paying for the item.
- For clients returning merchandise, our return procedures must be followed per our instructions. Items will not be accepted unless an RMA has been issued (see our Returns Section for more information).
- For international orders, we reserve the right to refuse payment methods that are not direct bank transfers. However, in most countries we subscribe to services that can verify and meet our needed security measures to confirm valid orders.
- We reserve the right to refuse a sale to any person or entity for any reason.
- We follow the laws relating to the United States Patriot Act.
Please Note: Attempted fraud will be vigorously pursued, reported, and prosecuted by all available legal means. Our staff and security detail are extremely skilled and dedicated to preventing and detecting fraud. We actively report all attempts of fraud to law enforcement authorities.
For Phone Orders
The security measures listed for our online orders also apply to our phone orders.
Questions or changes regarding an order and/or its shipping service can only be discussed with the individual paying for the item, unless permission from the purchaser has been given.
For Showroom Visits
We encourage customers to visit our Dallas location to view our gemstones in person. Please review the security measures below if you plan to visit our office.
- Appointments are mandatory. For security reasons, we cannot allow visitors into our showroom, offices, or our workshop without a preexisting appointment. Appointments should be made in advance, at least two hours before your arrival time.
- All visitors must present a valid photo ID such as a drivers license, passport, etc. Visitors must be willing to have their photo ID scanned for our security records.
- Weekend and after hours appointments are available upon request. Please schedule your appointment at least 24 hours in advance.
What if I need help or advice about my purchase?
We have certified gemologists on staff to offer you expert opinions and services for your PJ Custom Jewelry piece. If you need assistance with choosing particular stones, repairing or maintaining your pieces, or appraising your jewelry, we're here to help.
To determine your finger size for ring orders, this printable Ring Sizer guide will help determine the correct fit.
Jewelry often carries a financially and emotionally high value, and Jewelry Insurance for treasured jewelry pieces is a smart decision to protect your assets. While is isn’t mandatory, we advice seeking a Jewelry Insurance on your most important pieces. Commonly, people assume that home insurance will cover lost jewelry valuables, but it’s actually not often the case. If you contact your home insurance provider and find out that your jewelry is not covered under your current policy, you may want to consider using Jewelry Insurance to protect your pieces.
The information you will need to provide your insurance agent includes your jewelry appraisal, lab certification for the stone(s) in your piece, and original receipts. Be sure to take quality photographs of the item as a reference. Questions to ask your agent include:
- What kind of loss is covered by the insurance? There may be caveats to the rules, such as fire damage, jewelry loss, damage, or theft. It’s also important to ask about limits (such as $3,000 max insurance coverage on an item that is greater in value).
- How is travel factored into my insurance policy? For example, your insurance provider may have specific rules that require you to store your jewelry in a hotel company’s office safe, rather than the safe within your hotel room.
- Is it more beneficial to have blanket coverage for my jewelry collection vs. coverage on specific pieces of jewelry?
- Consider any other items you would need to create an insurance claim, such as a police report, appraisals and certificates that are up-to-date, and photographs of multiple angles of the jewelry.
Other safety tips: inspect your jewelry regularly for any suspicious prong wear, stone cracks, or loose-fitting settings. If you have experienced significant weight fluctuation, your ring may not fit as securely as before, and we advise resizing your ring to ensure a proper fit on your hand. Finally, be sure to store your jewelry in a secure location in your home when not in use. We advise investing in a locked safe, lock box or other device to detract any thieves.
Can I use my own stone?
We love building rings around a customer’s gemstone or diamond, and can provide accurate price quotes and information upon viewing the stone. When you're building a Sketchbook, please upload an image, or describe it to us in the notes box. You may do this when it asks you on Question 6/8: "Do you have a stone?" You may also simply drop us a line via the Quick Form contact, and upload your stone image there.
Is custom jewelry expensive?
The price of custom jewelry is comparable to fine quality stock or mass-produced jewelry. And with custom jewelry, your own unique vision comes to life, which makes it an incredible value. Since we are a direct source supplier and manufacturer, we don't add mark-up pricing, passing the savings directly to you. Our pricing is based on the complexity of the design and raw materials used for the project.
How will I know the price range for what I am asking for?
If you fill out a quick Sketchbook submission, we will have the information we need to provide you a quote within 24 business hours.
How long will it take?
Depending on the complexity of your project, custom jewelry orders can be completed in as little as a few days or up to 2-4 weeks. Upon completion of the item, we offer complimentary 2-day shipping on your order. If you need your order by a specific date, please do not hesitate to contact us to confirm a shipping date.
What is shipping and handling like for my jewelry?
Please see our comprehensive Shipping Page for a full list of locations and available shipping options. We offer complimentary shipping for all U.S. orders, and require a signature upon delivery to ensure safe delivery of the valuables. We also require that the shipment be sent to the billing address of the credit card on file, unless an alternate address has been provided to the credit card company. Please see our policies for further information.
Contact us at 800-641-1277 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to purchase overnight delivery.
How does it work?
Our process is very simple, and the How it Works page breaks down the basic steps:
- Start your design by creating a Sketchbook Page, where you can send us as little or as many details about your project as you want. Some of our clients like to include a lot of ideas, complexity and specific details, while other clients want a quick go-to form to get the ball rolling. We have both options ready to serve you.
- We'll produce a CAD rendering of your design for your approval. If there are any modifications needed to the design, we'll make the change and send you a revision.
- Upon your approval, we source the stones and materials to make your piece perfect. You may already have a stone, or you may have purchased a stone(s) through our Diamond Search or Gemstone Search. Once we have the items we need for your project, we get to work.
- Your finished piece will arrive in as little as 5 business days, while more complex pieces take around 2-4 weeks for delivery. We'll keep you posted and provide communication upon the status of your delivery.
- You'll receive a quality, one-of-a-kind custom piece in the mail to treasure for years to come. Please send us any pictures of the happy recipient, proposal pictures or anything else... we love to see the big reveal! Please be sure to tag your pictures on social media with #pjcustom or #pratikshajewelry so we can share your happy moment with you.
How do I know what metal to choose?
We offer gold and platinum metal settings for custom jewelry. In addition to three color choices for gold (white, yellow and rose), you have the option to choose two-tone gold, combining two gold colors together in the same piece. This is often chosen to highlight a part of the ring (i.e. a rose gold halo around a white gold ring), or to enhance the color of a gemstone (i.e. yellow gold prongs around a yellow center stone, with white gold around a white diamond shank). We are happy to recommend color pairings that would help enhance the stones in the piece.
Note: if you are building a piece for someone else, people who wear jewelry usually have a metal color preference. We recommend asking the recipient before making a final call.
Can I use my own metal?
Not at this time, as we do not recycle metal for custom jewelry. We only cast our pieces in 14 karat gold, 18 karat gold, or platinum, as it ensures top quality, durability and strength.
What are the different sizes and shapes for diamonds and gemstones?
Our Diamond Learning Center and Gemstone Learning Center has all the information you need about stone options, where you can learn about shapes, the four C's, quality grading, and origins. We also have a Gemstone Encyclopedia that comes in handy when exploring color options. There are countless choices when it comes to your preferences and budget.
What if I don't like my custom jewelry?
We take great care to make sure your jewelry order is exactly what you want, and aim to exceed your expectations. We contact you for approval at multiple stages throughout the process to ensure satisfaction. However, if you are unhappy with your order and it does not live up to your vision, we will do our very best to resolve your issue. Due to the personalized nature of custom jewelry orders, we are unable to offer refunds or returns on custom jewelry.
PJ Custom stands behind quality custom jewelry work, therefore, any issues with your order that are due to a manufacturing defect will be fixed, corrected or remade until the order is right.
Do you use ethically-sourced diamonds and gemstones for your jewelry?
Yes, we do! Since we supply our own stones, we travel directly to ethically-sourced mines to purchase the stones we use in our jewelry. You can learn more about our business model here.